Aggressive defense for your DWI / DUI case
Being charged with a DWI / DUI in Arkansas is a serious matter, with serious consequences. If you are convicted, you may lose your authorization to drive, have to pay outrageous insurance premiums, and even have to spend time in jail. When your liberty is on the line, it is essential to have a serious attorney to aggressively defend you in court. With more than 30 years of experience in handling DWI / DUI cases, Meredith Wineland has forged a reputation as an innovator in the field of DWI / DUI defense. She is known for going the extra mile to ensure that clients get the best possible results.
Benton, Arkansas attorney standing up for your rights
Meredith Wineland does not allow the police or the prosecution to run roughshod over your rights. I work together with my clients to find out the whole story, and I keep you informed throughout every step of the process. I know that cases can end and sentences can be reduced when there has been police misconduct, so I scrutinize every piece of evidence the police submit in your case to make sure that they followed proper protocols and procedures. I understand Arkansas’s DWI / DUI laws. I am diligent in building defenses that make sense legally, logically and scientifically. I fight the prosecution at every turn to ensure that you are treated with the respect you deserve, and that you get the results you desire.
How to protect yourself from the police
If you have been pulled over by the police, don’t let yourself become a victim. Follow these six tips and keep yourself out of jail:
- Do not be intimidated by the police — If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Don’t give them that opportunity. Remaining calm and being polite are good ways to ensure that police officers leave you alone.
- Clean out your glove box — Fumbling through compartments to find your registration or insurance can be easily misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean enables you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
- Do not let the police search your car — Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DWI / DUI conviction. Do not allow the officer to perform a search without a warrant.
- Take the sobriety test — Many DWI / DUI defendants have been found not guilty because of a malfunctioning breath-analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test. Also, you may still register under the legal limit.
- Get a blood test after release — Alcohol-detection devices can be unreliable, and and they can malfunction. Don’t go to jail because of a broken machine. It’s a good idea to measure your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) with a blood test after arrest. At trial, your attorney can use that evidence to raise possible defenses.
- Contact a DWI / DUI attorney immediately.
Don’t let the police take your future away from you. Contact Meredith Wineland today
If you have been arrested for DWI / DUI, it is essential to have an aggressive attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win.
To schedule a free initial consultation today, call Meredith Wineland today at 501-315-6111 or contact me online.